Olympia Trust Company is looking for a Legal Counsel to join our internal legal team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Legal Counsel will report to and work closely with the General Counsel to become a trusted advisor to business by demonstrating an eagerness to tackle a wide range of legal and business issues, and the ability to balance legal risks with business objectives. Legal Counsel will perform their duties with high productivity, integrity, and in the best interest of Olympia Financial Group Inc., and its subsidiaries.
Please note that this is a full-time, office-based position.
- Provide pragmatic legal advice regarding compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Olympia policies.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and other documents for use by Olympia’s business divisions.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate legal and business risks.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and updating Olympia’s legal systems and records.
- Establish good working relationships throughout Olympia.
- Communicate with and direct external counsel as circumstances may require.
- Work on special projects as requested.
- Uphold Olympia’s reputation and values.
- Promote a culture of integrity and compliance throughout Olympia.
- Possess a law degree and be a member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta.
- Minimum of three (3) years of post-call corporate commercial legal experience, gained in-house or with a well-regarded law firm.
- Experience in securities laws is considered an asset.
- Self-management and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Multi-tasker with excellent organization, high attention to detail and time management skills with the aptitude to establish priorities.
- Results-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and network.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background and Reference check.
Reasons why you should join Olympia’s team, and why Olympia has been selected as one of Alberta's Top Employers from 2011 - 2022:
- Olympia Financial established the Olympia Charity Foundation to allow employees to be directly involved in deciding how and to whom their charitable funds are donated -- the charity's main source of funds are employee donations, which are all matched by the organization.
- Olympia Financial offers a generous health spending account, equivalent to five percent of an employee's annual salary, to a maximum of $7,500.
- Health Wellness Account is a personalized wellness health program that provides employees with a taxable allowance to spend on wellness-related activities and products. The purpose of the plan is to promote employee wellness and expense categories include nutrition, fitness, personal development, and mental health.
- Employee Share Ownership plan available with company matching.