Your primary role includes processing various security holder transactions for the clients of the Corporate & Shareholder Services division. This position involves onboarding new clients, entering confidential client information into our database from paper and electronic source documents, and supporting the Corporate & Shareholder Services division with other operational activity. The Operations Coordinator is required to maintain up to date system records by ensuring accurate data entry, while also ensuring all customer service standards are met as set forth by Olympia Trust Company.
As the ideal candidate, you must be able to deliver results in a dynamic team environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who is able to process large volumes of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy. This individual must be able to multitask, thrive in an ever-changing environment, build relationships naturally, adapt quickly, and communicate effectively.
Major Role Responsibilities
- Process security transfers, replacements of lost securities, estate transmissions, securityholder account requests, and completing other general transactions
- Maintain confidential security holder records by ensuring accurate data entry, while also ensuring all services standards are met
- Provide onboarding services for new clients, including set-up of certificate and statement templates and loading securityholder information received from external sources
- Adhere to daily deadlines, and submit daily work for auditing
- Work cooperatively within the team to achieve common goals
- Ensure compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries from investors
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
Other Responsibilities/Cross Training
- Calculate client distributions, allocate entitlements to securityholder accounts, issuance of cheques and transmission of EFT files for payments to securityholders
- General understanding of Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills when dealing with internal and external inquiries
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism in all situations
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities and multitask.
- Ability to work within a team environment but be strongly self-motivated
- Must have a high level of integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality throughout all staff, management and client interactions
- A positive attitude and collaborative team spirit
Experience and Skills
- High school education completion
- Post-secondary education is beneficial
- 1-2 years administrative experience is required, including data entry and/or processing experience
- Prior financial services industry experience is preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bilingual French is beneficial
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check and fingerprinting to comply with United States Securities and Exchange Commission requirements will be required
Reasons why you should join Olympia’s team, and why Olympia has been selected as one of Alberta's Top Employers from 2011 - 2022:
- Olympia Financial established the Olympia Charity Foundation to allow employees to be directly involved in deciding how and to whom their charitable funds are donated -- the charity's main source of funds are employee donations, which are all matched by the organization.
- Olympia Financial offers a generous health spending account, equivalent to five percent of an employee's annual salary, to a maximum of $7,500.
- Health Wellness Account is a personalized wellness health program that provides employees with a taxable allowance to spend on wellness-related activities and products. The purpose of the plan is to promote employee wellness and expense categories include nutrition, fitness, personal development, and mental health.
- Employee Share Ownership plan available with company matching.