The Third-Party Risk Analyst will work with Olympia’s Chief Risk Officer and the risk owners to review and evaluate the risks associated with Olympia’s third-party arrangements and assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of associated risk mitigation measures. The successful candidate will support the risk owners in their pursuit of business objectives but will also challenge the risk owners’ understanding of such risks and their associated mitigation measures.
- Lead the implementation of Olympia’s Third-Party Arrangements Policy across all business lines, including maintenance of standards, governance documentation and enhancements.
- Support third-party risk identification, evaluation and mitigation activities as required, including ongoing monitoring, review, challenge and participation in third-party materiality and risk assessments.
- Liaise, support, and provide guidance to relevant third-party risk owners to ensure a coordinated, efficient, timely, and integrated approach to third-party risk management.
- Lead, improve, and coordinate data collection initiatives, including the collection, validation and reporting of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of program effectiveness, including materiality assessments.
- Assist in developing and delivering Third-party risk management training and awareness materials for both the first and second Lines of Defense.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Third Party Risk Management.
- Knowledge and experience in Enterprise or Operational Risk Management.
- Working towards CPA, CFA, CRM, ORM, CIA, PRM designations or relevant equivalent.
- Experience in the financial services industry is considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook), Teams, SharePoint, and Power BI.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background and Reference check.
Reasons why you should join Olympia’s team, and why Olympia has been selected as one of Alberta's Top Employers from 2011 - 2022:
- Olympia Financial established the Olympia Charity Foundation to allow employees to be directly involved in deciding how and to whom their charitable funds are donated -- the charity's main source of funds are employee donations, which are all matched by the organization.
- Olympia Financial offers a generous health spending account, equivalent to five percent of an employee's annual salary, to a maximum of $7,500.
- Health Wellness Account is a personalized wellness health program that provides employees with a taxable allowance to spend on wellness-related activities and products. The purpose of the plan is to promote employee wellness and expense categories include nutrition, fitness, personal development, and mental health.
- Employee Share Ownership plan available with company matching.