Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Your primary role includes providing support to the Support Analyst and Team Lead, Issuer Services through the processing of complex issuer tasks.
As the ideal candidate, you are a detail-oriented individual who can process large volumes of information, while being able to thrive in an ever changing fast-paced work culture. You demonstrate the ability to evaluate complex tasks and strategically work through them independently or with a group.
You take ownership of analyzing and evaluating documents and strive to move forward. You care about connecting with others and demonstrate the desire to work within a team. You are positive, motivated and driven to achieve success. You are committed to self-development and proactively seek coaching on new ways to grow.
- Provide a level of customer service that meets the standards set out by Olympia Trust Company
- Update Issuer information in the internal system with a focus on accuracy
- Complete annual valuation process and accurately update Issuer and fund information as received
- Independently work through complex processing tasks including but not limited to: Annual Valuation, Zero Valuation, Stock Takeover Exchange, Stock Splits, Exchange of EMS to PTS, Unable to Contact
- Work directly with Support Analyst and Team Leads to gather information for productions orders and to follow up on funds in current legal action (CCAA, Receivership, Bankruptcy)
- Provide support to internal processing teams as needed
- Ensure compliance with internal and external audit and regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
Experience and Skills
- High school education completion
- Post-Secondary education is beneficial
- Previous experience in direct customer service
- Prior financial services industry experience is beneficial
- General knowledge of Registered Plans, TFSAs and RESPs is beneficial
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.