Olympia is seeking an Income Fund Officer! Duties involve processing all Income Fund payments with a high level of detail and accuracy in accordance with the guidelines set up by Olympia Trust Company. The Officer must also handle internal and external correspondence relating to the above transactions while adhering to the customer service standards set out by Olympia Trust Company.
As the ideal candidate, you are a confident relationship expert who thrives in an ever changing fast-paced work culture. Your goal is to gain trust through a genuine passion to go above and beyond client expectations. You take ownership of diverse client inquiries, concerns and complaints and strive to move forward. You care about connecting with others and demonstrate the desire to work within a team. You are positive, motivated and driven to achieve success. You are committed to self-development and proactively seek coaching on new ways to grow.
- Upholds the division and Olympia’s reputation and values, while promoting our motto “With Us, It’s Personal” in all interactions with employees, clients and business associates
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements when making payments for various accounts
- Prepare, calculate and process scheduled and unscheduled Income Fund payments
- Verify documents received and process transfers to and from Income Fund Accounts
- Follow up with Olympia Trust Company clients in regards to various Income Fund
- Verify personal work to ensure that documents are written accurately with clarity and completeness
- Work with the team to achieve goals
- Review incoming documents and process all transactions in accordance with Olympia Trust Company’s customer service standards
- Communicate in a professional manner to Income Fund clients via phone and email
- Develop and meet individual and team goals
- Actively participate in projects and team meetings
- Represent Olympia Trust Company in a professional manner
- Thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as required
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to constraints, failures, and adversity and adjusts priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while delivering on tasks
- Displays and fosters integrity and honesty through the promotion of mutual trust and respect, demonstrates and fosters high moral standards, and treats others fairly and ethically
- Maintain a processing accuracy of 95% or higher
- Possesses excellent organization, high attention to detail and time management skills with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity due to the nature of documents and information being handled
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism in all situations
Experience and Skills
- High school Diploma is required
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field of study is an asset
- 1-2 Years of previous Administration experience is preferred
- Previous experience in direct customer service
- Prior Financial or investment Industry experience beneficial
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures
- Intermediate level with Outlook and Microsoft Office products and internet application
- Strong communication skills to liaise with the team
- Bilingual Canadian French is beneficial
- Entry level understanding of how the Registered Plans & TFSA Division operates
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check is required
Here are some of the reasons why you should join Olympia’s team, and why Olympia has been selected as one of Alberta's Top Employers from 2011 - 2020:
- Olympia Financial established the Olympia Charity Foundation to allow employees to be directly involved in deciding how and to whom their charitable funds are donated -- the charity's main source of funds are employee donations, which are all matched by the organization.
- Olympia Financial offers a generous health spending account, equivalent to five percent of an employee's annual salary, to a maximum of $7,500.
- Health Wellness Account is a personalized wellness program that provides employees with a taxable allowance to spend on wellness-related activities and products. The purpose of the plan is to promote employee wellness and expense categories include nutrition, fitness, personal development, and mental health.
- Olympia Financial manages a quarterly values program, allowing employees to nominate their peers for exceptional performance in eight different categories -- winners may receive paid time off, free parking, gift cards, and even lunch with the company's president.
- Employee Share Ownership plan available with company matching.
- Free onsite gym, with classes, towel service, and more!
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.