Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Generous Vacation payout
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Role Summary - 3M Contract
In this varied and diverse role, you will be responsible for providing consulting services to our Information Technology Department in a multitude of areas. The contract is anticipated to be 3 months in length (but has the potential for renewal). You must be a true ‘generalist’ being able to handle everything from testing and code development, to desktop support.
As the ideal candidate, you must be able to deliver results in a dynamic and team-oriented environment and embrace variety. You must able to multitask and able to thrive in an ever-changing environment, build relationships naturally, adapt quickly, and communicate effectively.
Role Responsibilities, including but not limited to
- Reading log files
- Patching servers
- Testing business applications
- Developing code for bug fixes or tasks in our proprietary system
- Perform testing, as well as troubleshooting issues
- Assist with design documentation, configuration management and software deployment
- Provide support to internal users
- Custom Software development
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap within our software development practice
- Passion for solving problems, investigating code issues and business logic
- Able to think outside of the box on a variety of conditions
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Inquisitive approach with proven analytical abilities
- Confident in making optimal decisions
- Exceptional time management with the aptitude to establish priorities
- Very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail “Critical Thinking”
- Ability and flexibly to learn new technologies
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.