Recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018, Olympia Financial Group Inc. provides personalized administrative services to our clients in five areas; Self Directed Investment Accounts, Corporate Shareholder Services, Exempt Edge, Foreign Exchange, and Health Benefits. Founded in 1996, Olympia’s head office is located in Calgary, AB.
As an Olympian you are entitled to generous perks including:
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Generous Vacation and Personal Days
- Convenient location accessible by public transit
- Discounted Movie Passes, Ski Passes, and Golf Passes
- Caffeine on the tap with a weekly fruit basket
Olympia is looking to expand its lines of business to include the administration of private mortgages. As Manager, Mortgage Administration your key responsibilities, initially, will be to work with senior executives towards the development of operational processes and procedures to be used by the mortgage administration business. Once established, it is anticipated that the Manager, Mortgage Administration will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of Olympia’s mortgage administration business.
The position entails working with a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate must have knowledge of the mortgage brokerage and administration industry and demonstrate a hands-on approach to the business and be committed to its expansion and success.
Development and implementation of all operational processes and procedures to be used by the mortgage administration business, including processes and procedures relating to the:
- monitoring of borrower compliance with the terms of a mortgages;
- maintenance of records of payments and disbursements;
- calculation of mortgage payout amounts;
- discharge of mortgages upon payout;
- investigating any delinquencies or defaults under a mortgage;
- giving of notice of delinquency or default under a mortgage;
- collection of amounts owing in respect of a mortgage;
- the advisability of initiating a claim against the borrower with respect to a delinquency or default under a mortgage;
- initiating, pursuing and defending claims made with respect to a mortgage and instructing legal counsel with respect to the same; and
- ensuring that there is adequate fire, property and other insurance in place.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of Olympia’s mortgage administration business, including:
- Leadership of the business by building effective relationships with both employees and customers;
- Foster teamwork and unity among employees that allows for the constructive discussion of ideas, conflicts and solutions;
- Promote a fair and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce and encourage the team to achieve common goals and objectives;
- With the assistance of Olympia’s human resources personnel, identify and recruit personnel necessary for the effective performance of the business and manage their ongoing performance;
- Identify and implement suitable ‘off-the-shelf’ software and system solutions for use by the business; and
- Ensure compliance with all Olympia policies and procedures applicable to the business.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and other regulatory requirements relating to mortgage administration in all applicable jurisdictions.
- A passion for mortgage administration.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Anticipate issues and take steps to address issues before they become problems.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and respond quickly to stakeholder concerns.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Able to work both independently and with others as the situation requires.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise good business judgment.
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience as a mortgage administrator, mortgage broker or in the mortgage lending business.
- Solid knowledge of and personal connections within the mortgage brokerage and private lending industries.
- Knowledge Bilingual is considered an asset.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background check will be required.
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.