When Exempt Edge started in January of 2017, no software solutions existed for companies operating in the Private Capital Market of Canada. Our goal was simple – create robust software solutions specifically for Exempt Market Dealers, Mortgage Investment Entities, and Issuers raising capital in this space. We build technology solutions for the Private Capital Markets of Canada. With over 30 years of combined experience in the exempt market, Exempt Edge brings a level of expertise not found anywhere else. We offer total software solutions for all participants of the Canadian Private Capital Markets including Mortgage Investment Corporations, Exempt Market Dealers, Dealing Representatives, Issuers, and Fund Managers
Exempt Edge acquired the proprietary in-house software solution; ROOTS, which had been developed over seven years by the second-largest exempt market dealer in the country: Raintree Financial Solutions. With this acquisition, Exempt Edge added one of the top securities lawyers in the country along with a group of experienced software developers to their team.
Exempt Edge is growing. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and energetic Fintech company that is changing the Canadian financial services industry. We are seeking a Rockstar Intermediate / Senior developer with strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and experience with unit tests.
Exempt Edge is a division of the Olympia Financial Group and a leader in building SAAS solutions for the Private Capital Market. This person must be able to work with our Vice President, Enterprise Architect, and Developers to deliver a quality solution to our Business Stakeholders and clients.
- Custom Software development of Exempt Edge solutions in PHP / Laravel and MySQL
- Creation of automated tests for existing and future projects developed withy Laravel
- Create REST-based APIs to integrate Exempt Edge solutions with other Olympia Financial Group software, and third parties
- Strong understanding of PHPUnit or similar testing framework
- Ability to write effective unit tests which can be used to accelerate deployment timeframes
- Provides excellent communication to clients and the business team
- Decipher and translate business requirements into a functional software product
- Actively participate with our agile development practice with iterative planning, user story creation and implementation, and iterative testing with business end-users
- Adhering to the enterprise architecture roadmap with our software development practice
- College and or University Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable experience (3+ years)
- 3 - 5 years of software development experience in PHP/Laravel
- Strong understanding of the MVC architecture
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, VSTS
- Ability to learn new things and grow in architectural design and coding capabilities
- Candidate must be self-motivated and ready to jump in today!
- Adept to work within a small team both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- An effective communicator with a passion for delivering results for clients and the team
- Clear criminal background check
- Experience with PHPunit testing
- Experience writing web APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Background in Web API Security (OAuth)
- Exposure to the agile development methodology, iterative development and testing
- Financial applications experience an asset.
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence. Please note: only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.